What type of soil should I use?
Depending on the project there are a few different options:- Garden Soil is the best option for direct planting (vegetable gardens, flowerbeds, planters, etc.) it can also be used to topdress and improve existing soils – if you want to do a little bit of everything, this is their best bet.
– Enhancer/Lawn Soil – in Western Canada, Enhancer soil is the choice for amending and improving tired soils. It is also great for topdressing. In Eastern Canada, our Lawn Soil is the best bet for preparing your yard for sod, topdressing or even topping off existing beds.
– Compost – Compost is a great way to add nutrients to your growing areas, whether it’s your lawn or a planting bed. Think of this as more of a fertilizer than a soil – it’s great if you just want to inject a little life where soil depth and composition are not an issue.
How much will I need?
– Depending on the product and the intended use, there are different application rates. Follow the guidelines below, or use the calculator on thisbluecube.com:
Topdressing (1/2”) = 648 ft²/yd³
Enhancing Garden (3”) = 108 ft²/yd³
Starting a Garden (7”) = 46 ft²/yd³
Topdressing (1”) = 324 ft²/yd³
Planting Beds (2”) = 162 ft²/yd³
Topdressing (1/4”) = 1,332 ft²/yd³
Enhancing Garden (1”) = 333 ft²/yd³
Decorative Rock –
2” – 120 ft²/yd³
Can I have next day delivery?
You will be contacted to confirm delivery time once your order has been dispatched. Next day delivery is possible, but depends on delivery volume and your delivery area. We provide a 24hr delivery notice window for all deliveries. On the day of your delivery you will be notified when you are the next stop on the route. You may also opt to receive your bag up to 5 days earlier than your requested delivery date if our trucks are in your area. This helps to minimize the environmental impact of our delivery trucks.
Where will the bag be delivered?
– Your Blue Cube will be delivered right where you want it, provided our forklifts can access the area (10ft span and solid ground). Be sure to mark the drop off spot with an ‘X’.
How do I mark an ‘X’?
– You can mark an ‘X’ in any number of ways including: using sidewalk chalk, using wood, using pieces of rope, etc. It doesn’t matter what you use so long as the area is clearly indicated.
Can I have the bag dropped in my back yard?
– Yes, as long as your yard is open and accessible to our forklifts.
Will your forklift damage my lawn?
– It is possible that our delivery equipment could leave track marks on your lawn, dependant conditions like weather, etc. If you are concerned about damaging your lawn, we recommend placing your bag on a solid and easy to access surface.
Will I be able to move my bag once it is delivered?
– The weight of your bag varies based on the material contained within as well as considerations such as moisture, how full it is, etc. You will not be able to move a full bag or even a half full bag without heavy equipment. As you get closer to the bottom of the bag you may be able to move it, but as a rule of thumb, plan your delivery location in a spot that you will not need to access until your bag has been emptied.
How much space will my Blue Cube take up?
– Very little. A full sized Blue Cube will occupy an area of 33” by 33”. A Blue Cube Mini will take up 29”x 29”.
Is the product guaranteed?
– All Blue Cube products come with a 100% Quality Guarantee. If you have any issues with your Blue Cube we will arrange for a refund or replacement.
Is my bag recyclable?
In an effort to reduce the environmental footprint of our Blue Cubes, your Manderley bulk landscaping product may arrive in a white bag. As we continue to work towards more environmentally friendly packaging solutions for all our products, removing the BOPP film on our bags is helping to reduce added waste until we can create a better solution to hold the products.
We encourage clients to reuse the Blue Cube bag for any home projects or storage needs. Some ideas include:
BBQ or Air conditioning cover
However, if you have no use for the bag, please feel free to drop it off at one of our locations.